Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Ransai on News Papers

Here are some extracts from paper articles on Ransai.

(Sunday Observer - Page16 - 30/11/2008 )

(The Island - Page3 - 10/12/2008)

Source: Suminda Withanarachchi

Friday, December 05, 2008

Ransai 2008 - Official Web Site

The Official Web Site for Ransai 2008 – Scout Leadership and Adventure Programme is now online.

Visit now at

http://ransai.rajansmountaineering.com/

Source : Chaminda Somathilaka

Thursday, December 04, 2008

RANSAI 2008 – Scout Leadership and Adventure Program

RANSAI 2008 is the 6th International Scout Event which is organized by the 1st Kandy Dharmaraja Scout Group and the Old Rajans Scout Association to celebrate the 95th Anniversary of scouting at Dharmaraja College and the 30th Anniversary of Old Rajans Scout Association.

This will be the first ever fully sponsored scout event in Sri Lanka.

Theme:
Forward with Strength

Time:
26th December to 30th December 2008

Venue:
Lakeview park International Scout Centre,
Dharmaraja College, Kandy, Sri Lanka

Friday, November 28, 2008

The Inaugural meeting of the Colombo branch of the ORSA

The Inaugural meeting of the Colombo branch of the Old Rajans Scout Association will be held at the coming Tuesday.

Colombo branch of the ORSA is going to be establishing according to the initial discussion that we had on last Colombo Old Rajans scout gathering at the National Scout Headquarters.

Date: Tuesday 2nd December
Time: From 6.30pm onwards
Venue: Sugathadasa Sports Hotel, Sirimawo Bandaranayake Mw, Colombo 14.

ORSA kindly welcome all the past Rajans Scouts around Colombo, to join in this special event.

First committee meeting of the new committee of ORSA

The first committee meeting of the new committee of ORSA will be held at Lakeview Park International Scout Center on coming Saturday 29th of November 2008 from 4.00 pm onwards. Meeting going to proceed by a Chanting of Seth Pirith at the beginning.

Old Rajans Scout Association - AGM 2008

The ORSA AGM which was held at Hotel Tree of Life, Kandy was a very successful event.

Following are the key officials of the new committee that was appointed by the members present for the AGM.

President : Dr. Jagath Herath
Secretary : Mr. Eranda Rajapakshe
Treasurer : Mr. Namal Palliyaguruge

ORSA thank all the members and the family members who participated and the organizers for a wonderful event.

(Sunday Observer - 16th November 2008)

(Dinamina - 8th November 2008)

Artcles from : Suminda Withanarachchi

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

ORSA calls all members in Colombo

Chandana Uduwela :<> wrote:

Hi,

There will be an old Rajans Scouts get together this Wednesday, the 19th November, at the Colombo National Scout Headquarters.

The main objective of this is to gather Old Rajans Scouts in Colombo , and have a discussion about organizing of “Ransai”, our next grand international event. ORSA cordially invite all the past Rajans Scouts in Colombo , to participate for this discussion.

Date: Wednesdat 19th November 2008
Time: 6.30pm onwards
Venue: National Scout Head Quarters 65/9, Sir Chiththampalam A. Gardiner Mw, Colombo 02. For more infiormation, Please contact Suminda Withanarachchi on 0777-841542

Thursday, November 06, 2008

Another step of our community service

As another step of our community service, ORSA like to share following information that we get.

Diploma in Marketing Management - Intake 5
Department of Marketing Management,
Faculty of Management Studies and Commerce,
University of Sri Jayewardenepura

Modern Trade - Sales Professionals (Saudi Arabia) - Key Account Supervisors

Source: Suminda Withanarachchi

Sunday, November 02, 2008

Reminder : Old Rajans Scout Association 30th Anniversary and AGM 2008

Date : Sunday 9th November 2008
Time : 9.30am – 5Pm
Venue : Hotel Tree of Life Kandy

We invite all former scouts of Dharmaraja for this event.

Please contact Suminda Vithanaararachchi(0777 841542) for more details..

visit the event at face book http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=90263020234

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Photos from Annual 2 Days Trip

Herewith attached some of the photos took from the Annual Trip 2008.

( Photos from : Suminda Withanarachchi)

Thursday, October 02, 2008

Annual 2 Days Trip – 2008

Annual 2 Days Trip – 2008

Date:
Saturday 4th October and Sunday 5th October 2008 (Coming weekend)

Place:
Meemure

Please contact Jagath Herath on 0714426070 for more details.

(Source: Sumuinda Withanarachchi)

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

More about Agni Opera

Here are some another extracts from paper articles on Agni Opera.

(Source: Suminda Vithanaarachchi)

Thursday, September 04, 2008

Agni Opera on News Papers

Here are some extracts from paper articles on Agni Opera.

(Source: Suminda Vithanaarachchi)

Monday, September 01, 2008

Another community service by the ORSA

As another community service, ORSA going to share information about Job opportunities that we get in order to help the community. Based on that, one of our ORSA member, Upul Liyanagedara send information about some job openings for their upcoming projects. Following are the details.

Title: Administration Manager
Job location: Kandy.
Details:
Minimum 3 years experience in a similar position.
Computer literacy.
Fluent in English and Sinhala.

Title: Secretary
Job location: Kandy
Details:
Minimum 3 years experience in a similar position.
Computer literacy.
Fluent in English and Sinhala.

Title: Lead CAD Draughtsman
Job location: Oluvil (Ampara district)
Details:
Minimum 7 years experience in a similar position.
Fluent in English and Sinhala.

Please consider the following points before proceed with queries.
> Relevant qualification for the position.
> Please note that all positions are contract basis depend on duration of the project.
> Preferably, female applicant for secretary position.

For the more details please contact Upul on
upul.liyanagedara@gmail.com

Source from: Suminda Withanarachchi

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Another segment about Agni Opera on ITN

Another special segment about “Agni Opera” will broadcast on Thursday 21st August 2008 from 11.00 am to 11.30 am @ ITN with its well known Magazine programme - “Pahan Dora”.

Master Khemadasa together with Mr. Jagath Herath, hon. Secretary of the Old Rajans Scout Association will be present for the segment.

(Source: Suminda Vithanaarachchi)

Monday, August 18, 2008

Watch Derana TV - Programme about “Agni Opera”

A special progreamme about “Agni Opera” will broadcast on Tuesday 19th August 2008 from 11.00 am to 11.30 am @ Derana TV with its popular morning show - “Sihil Sulan Relle”.

Master Khemadasa will be present for the programme, together with Mr Aloka Perera, hon. president of the Old Rajans Scout Association.

(Source: Suminda Vithanaarachchi)

Thursday, August 07, 2008

Kemadasa’s “Agni Opera” at Dharmaraja

Sri Lanka’s foremost musician Maestro Dr. Premasiri Khemadasa’s “ Agni Opera’ the unique blend of East and West music, libretto written by well-known poet Eric Illayapparachchi, will be staged at Dharmaraja collage Auditorium, Kandy on August 23rd at 3 pm and 6 pm.

This charity show is organized by the Old Rajans Scout Association as one of their event series to mark the 95th anniversary of the 1st Kandy Dharmaraja Scout Group. ORSA going to organize an All Island Leadership and Adventure prgramme during late December 2008 as a major event to mark its anniversary. The proceed of the show will be in aid of this massive event and in aid of Lake View Park International Scout Centre Development Fund.

Agni Woven around the simple theme of Introduction of fire to the human world , played by nearly twenty both Western-Eastern and folk would be a rare occasion for all lovers of music and drama and specially the admires of Master Khemadasa in the Hill Capital.

The ORSA invite all the members to participate in the event to make it a success.

(Source: Suminda Vithanaarachchi)

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Another two memorable achievements of Dharmaraja Scouting…….

The Sri Lanka Scout Association has appointed Mr. S. M Keerthirathne, Principle of the Dharmaraja College as the President of the Sri Lanka Scout Association.

Also Dharmaraja Scouts won the All Island Merit Flag again for the year 2005.

There was an event held on last month in college auditorium to celebrate these two great achievements.

Some of the photos took there attached herewith.

Photos from:
Lahiru Weerasinghe - Troop No 10

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Annual Alms Giving To Commemorate College Founders Day

Annual Alms Giving organized by the Old Rajans Scout Association to Maha Sanga will be held in Asgiriya Maha Viharaya on 29th Sunday June 2008.

This holy event is organized to celebrate three main anniversaries this year.

* 121st anniversary of the college (Founders Day)
* 95th anniversary of the college scout group
* 30th anniversary of the Old Rajans Scout Association

We would appreciate your support for this endeavor.

For more details, please contact:
Suminda Vithanaarachchi (0777 841542), Aloka Perera (0773 770557),
Jagath Herath (0812 240344)

(Source: Suminda Vithanaarachchi)
Reported by Chandana Uduwela

Friday, May 30, 2008

Annual Health Camp and Community Development Programme - Dharmaraja Scouts

Hi,

Annual Health Camp and Community Development Programme, organized by Senior Scouts of Troop No 10, scheduled for today and tomorrow. (30-31 May)

30th –
First Aid programme with St Johns for school children
Location: Ududumbara MOH Office

31st -
Health Camp
Location: Meemure – Kaikawala

(Source – Namal Palliyaguruge)

Thursday, April 10, 2008

ORSA Committee Meeting 11th April 2008

The next committee meeting of the ORSA(Old Rajans Scout Association) is scheduled as follows.

Date : Friday the 11th Of April 2008

Time : 7 Pm

Venue : Senani Hotel, Kandy

The event is sponsored by Mr Shantah Madurawe, ORSA patron , Assistant Chief Commissioner of Sri Lanka scouts and the newly elected President of the Dharmaraja Old Boys Union.

All committee members are invited.

Source : Suminda – The Treasurer

Saturday, April 05, 2008

A letter from Mr AP Gunarathne - Former Princiapal and Patron Of ORSA

Mr A P Gunarathne the former Principal and patron of ORSA has commended ORSA, by a letter.

(You may click on the letter to open another window for clarity.)

1st page

Second Page

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Sinhala New Year Festival Organised by ORSA

The annual Sinhala New Year Festival organised by the Old Rajans Scout Assoication will be held on 20th April 2008.

The venue and the details will be notified later.

Please make sure you reserve the day to join in the fun.

Source : Suminda

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Old Rajans Scout Association (ORSA) Committee Meeting

The next committee meeting of the ORSA will be held at Thaluthyouya on Saturday 22nd of March 2008.

For more details contact Suminda (077841542)

Sunday, January 13, 2008

Pritha & Dhana at Lake View Scouts Park

As per the tradition of the Rajans Scouts and the ORSA the Annual Dhana and Prith has been planned to be held on this week end.

Prith - 12th Jan 2008 -Evening at Lake View Park International Scouts Centre

Dhana - 13th Jan 2008 -at same venue

A committee meeting of the old scouts will also be held after the Dhana, in the evening.Everyone is invited

Source : Suminda - The Treasurer - ORSA